Are you aware of how content marketing can elevate your business?
Consider the following statistics:
- Unique visitor traffic is approximately 8 times higher for content marketers than those who don’t invest in content marketing.
- Content marketing costs approximately 60% less than traditional advertising methods and generates 3 times the leads.
- Conversion rates are 6 times higher for content marketers than non-content marketers.
Content marketing has to be done in a structured manner for optimum success. Otherwise, the return on investment (ROI) will be low.
The following are some reasons why content marketing fails.
Lack of a cohesive strategy
Your content marketing strategy must serve a specific purpose. You must know why you are producing the pieces and what you want to attain. For instance, you might want a specific increase in the following:
- Social media likes
- Web traffic
- Newsletter subscribers
- Webinar participants
- New customers
- Product sales
- Service subscriptions
You can tailor your content marketing strategy with these tips:
- Develop specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound (SMART) goals.
- Focus on fun, creativity, and relatability when creating content.
- Post content on relevant social media platforms.
- Create a feeling of community for your followers.
Little time dedicated to content marketing
You must set aside adequate time each week to develop and post your content. Regularly sharing diverse content on your website and social platforms and with your email lists helps promote your business.
Use multiple media sources to share your message. Examples include:
- Blog posts
- Case studies
Poor content creation
You must produce high-quality content to engage your audience. Maintaining engagement helps your content marketing strategy gain traction to reach your goals.
High-quality content creation requires the following:
- Professional writing
- Authentic images
- Dynamic graphic placement
- Short, captivating titles and headlines
- Education and problem-solving through using your product or service
Not prioritizing content marketing
Content marketing takes time to be successful. Therefore, you must consistently develop and post content aimed at your audience:
- Educate your audience on the issues that affect them
- Solve problems through the use of your product or service
- Use your product or service to eliminate pain points
Drop in content consistency and volume
Maintaining a regular schedule helps keep your content marketing momentum. As a result, you should post content at least once per week to keep your audience engaged.
Research shows that on average, you must connect with a prospect 8 times before converting them to a lead. Therefore, the longer you wait between these touchpoints, the more difficult it is to bundle them. As a result, it can be more difficult to convert these leads into customers without consistent connections.
Maintaining a content marketing calendar can help ensure consistency and volume in your posting. You can schedule your posts and have adequate time to create them.
Not using data to make topic decisions
You should use analytics from your website, social media traffic, and search engines to determine what is and isn’t working with your content marketing and how you can improve. Using the data to uncover actionable insights helps elevate the results of your content marketing plan.
BARQAR can help with content marketing
If you need help with content marketing, let BARQAR know! Our digital marketing experts specialize in delivering targeted content marketing and other digital services for SMBs. Give us a call today!