Does your company have a vision statement? If not, it should!
A vision statement shares your organization’s long-term goals and impact. It inspires your employees, customers, and community to help this vision come true.
Your company’s vision is the result of its mission. Your mission statement clarifies what you do, who you do it for, how you do it, and why it matters. Your vision statement clarifies your long-term goals and the impact of achieving your mission.
If you need help creating a compelling company vision, use these tips.
Gather a team to come up with ideas and messages to include in your company vision. Consider these questions:
- What should your company change for its customers and the world?
- How does your product or service help customers?
- How would the industry change if everyone were your customer?
- How does the value you provide change customers’ lives?
- What should your customers’ success look like in 10 years?
- What should your company’s success look like in 10 years?
Connect your vision with your mission
Match your team’s ideas with your mission statement. Focus on how carrying out your mission accomplishes these ideas.
Choose words for your vision statement that evoke a positive, motivating reaction. This reaction may include joy, action, peacefulness, or another emotion.
Keep your vision statement concise
Limit your vision statement to one or two short, simple, straightforward sentences. Help everyone understand, remember, and connect with your vision.
Share your vision statement
Include your vision statement on your website’s career page, in your company descriptions, and everywhere else in your employer branding. Share your vision with your employees, vendors, customers, and everyone else inside and outside your company.
Examples of compelling company visions
Consider using these examples of vision statements to create your own:
- Shopify: Make commerce better for everyone, so businesses can focus on what they do best: building and selling their products.
- Zoom: Communication empowering people to accomplish more.
- LEGO: A global force of learning through play.
- Drift: A world where people are free to have a conversation with any business, at any time, on their terms.
- Labster: To make science education accessible to any student with an internet connection and a laptop. To help teachers educate and empower the next generation of scientists to change the world.
- Coded Minds: To be the revolutionary platform of choice for educating the next generation of leaders in the 21st
- Zendesk: A global economy powered by lifelong customers.
- Alltech: We firmly believe agriculture has the greatest potential to shape the future of our planet.
- Nike: We see a world where everybody is an athlete – united in the joy of movement.
- Billie: We want to undo the unfair social pressures women face, starting with double standards around shaving and body care, and celebrate the infinite ways women can look, feel and be in the world.
- IKEA: To create a better everyday life for the many people.
Are you looking for help with creating a company vision statement?
Let BARQAR’s team of creative strategists and designers construct a compelling vision statement for your company. Contact us today to get started!