Are you aware of how powerful video is for storytelling? It can have a significant impact on the success of your promotional campaigns and content marketing efforts. Video also is an effective way to connect with people and build deeper relationships with your target audience.
Check out these statistics:
- In 2019, video content accounted for 80% of consumer internet traffic.
- Social media videos generate 1200% more shares than images and text combined.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- Mobile video consumption increases by 100% each year.
These are reasons why you need to be using video content strategy now.
Here are five tips to get started:
1. Have a simple video SEO strategy
YouTube, owned by Google, is the second-largest search engine. Because people use the network to find videos and search for information, you need to make your videos easy to find.
- Use a title to grab viewers’ attention. Keep the title informative and 60 characters or less. Use the YouTube keyword tool to find relevant keywords.
- Add keywords to your video description and a link to your website. Use 70 characters or less to clarify what your video is about.
- Include tags with keyword variations.
2. Clarify what your video is about
Include three or four benefits of watching your video. Transcribe your video so viewers can skim what it is about and watch it if they desire.
3. Include social proof
Social proof builds trust and credibility with your audience. You have many options to do this:
- Show likes, votes, views and comments to prove your content is informative and valuable.
- Provide video testimonials or case studies from your customers, experts, celebrities or friends about your product or service.
4. Optimize your video for conversions
- Include a clear call to action. What you write depends on whether you want leads, sales or simply a dialogue. You can use a direct message from the video’s speakers, add a link to your landing page or include share buttons.
- Determine when the best time is to share your video and maximize your views in the first 48 hours. This helps YouTube recognize the significance of your video for other viewers.
- Offer incentives to view your video. They may include discounts, a free white paper, giveaway or link to a free course.
5. Analyze your video performance
Use YouTube Analytics and Google Analytics to track your video performance.
- Learn about views, traffic sources, total watch time and which videos are most popular.
- Measure your brand awareness based on the number of views, shares and mentions.
Need help with your video marketing?
Contact BARQAR for a free consulting call. Our video marketing experts will learn about your business and goals and recommend the most beneficial ways to incorporate video into your marketing mix.