Tired of being pushed around by big businesses with their massive marketing budgets?
Video marketing levels the playing field!
Thanks to advances in smartphone technology and the explosion of social media usage, small businesses like yours have more ways than ever to reach your target audience. Used properly, video is a cost-effective tool to help you capture attention, build your brand and drive more business.
And it’s hotter than ever:
- More than 90% of 18- to 44-year-old American internet users watch videos on YouTube. (source: Statista)
- Users of video see 41% more traffic from search engines. (source: Vidyard)
- YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine and the second most trafficked website, behind Google. (source: HubSpot)
- Marketers who use video grow their revenue 49% faster. (source: Vidyard)
Another factor that’s working in your favor. Authenticity.
In recent years, earning customer trust has become increasingly difficult. As a result, brands that embrace their imperfections and share content that’s not “over produced” have a decided advantage in making a genuine connection with people.
So, while big brands may still have big budgets to produce super-slick videos, that doesn’t mean they’re necessarily winning the war for individuals’ attention or loyalty.
What do you need to get started with video marketing?
Honestly, all you need is a modern smartphone, a clear plan and a healthy dose of creativity. Before you press the record button, you should:
- Determine how video will complement your existing marketing strategy.
- Decide where you will house and share videos.
- Create a video content plan (i.e., figure out what to show and tell).
Here are a few content ideas we’ve found to be extremely effective:
- Convert existing blog posts to video. If you already have great blog content, get more mileage out of it! Video allows you to present a few key takeaways from popular posts in a fresh, engaging way.
- Testimonials. Have satisfied clients or customers? Turn them into brand ambassadors by recording short videos highlighting their experience working with your business and the problems you helped them solve.
- Q&A. Provide answers to questions your customers frequently pose, while positioning your team as experts in your field.
Should your business be using video marketing?
The short answer? Yes! But before you dive in, contact BARQAR for a free consulting call. Our video marketing experts will learn about your business and goals, and recommend the most beneficial ways to incorporate video into your marketing mix.