Would a coach send his team on the field without a play? Would a chef make their signature dish without a perfected recipe? So why would you “just wing” a key part of your marketing strategy?
Creating a Social Media Strategy
Creating a social media strategy allows you to identify your audiences and target them. While having social media pages for your business is a crucial aspect to this strategy, you shouldn’t ignore the pages once they exist. You should update them, share relevant content and engage with your audiences. Aim to grow your following with targeted people who have been, currently are, or could potentially engage with your services in the future.
How should you create a strategy? Consider these tips to help you begin defining your social media plan.
- Define all of your audiences.
- Define your mission and values.
- Define the goals you are looking to accomplish in your social strategy.
- Consider and research which social platforms your audiences are active on.
- Determine which platforms you will use and how you will test where you are best able to reach your audience.
Still not convinced it’s worth the time?
- 64% of Twitter users and 51% of Facebook users are more likely to buy the products of brands they follow online. –Aabaco
- The average user spends 21 minutes/week on LinkedIn. –Aabaco
- 75 percent of online Americans said product information found on social media influences their shopping behavior and enhances brand loyalty. –Inc
Existing on social media isn’t enough.
Create a detailed strategy and dedicate the time to ensuring it is thoroughly executed. Test and adjust as necessary, and make social media work for your business.
For help creating or managing your social media strategy, contact the experienced social media marketing professionals at BARQAR Marketing today.