You’d never hit a bullseye with that approach, right?
On the shooting range, there’s little consequence if you miss your mark. But when it comes to your company’s marketing, failing to take proper aim wastes your time and money.
So…how can you make sure your marketing campaign is on target?
For any campaign to be successful – whether it’s digital or print, outbound or inbound, general or account-based – it must be well defined, aligned with your overall goals, consistently executed and measurable. Use these tips to design a high-impact marketing campaign that achieves its goals and delivers the ROI you need:
Keys to Building a Successful Marketing Campaign
- Check for alignment. Before you start mapping out the steps of a campaign, make sure you’re creating it for the right reasons. Ask: How does this campaign fit into our company’s overall marketing strategy and business goals? Remember, a single campaign isn’t a replacement for a solid marketing strategy – it’s just one piece of the puzzle.
- Know your “why.” Why are you initiating this campaign? What are you hoping to achieve? How will you know if you’ve hit your mark? While it’s easy to say that you’d like to increase sales, you need to define specific objectives and parameters to dial in a campaign’s focus – and then determine if you’ve succeeded. SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-Bound) goals are ideal for helping you clearly outline what you want to achieve with a specific audience, and by when.
- Set a budget and choose your campaign type. The money you have to invest will greatly impact the type of campaign you design. Want to run a weekly ad on TV or earn the #1 spot on Google for a popular search term? Open up your wallet! On the other hand, PPC, content marketing, social marketing and email marketing campaigns can be both extremely effective and cost-effective. The type of campaign you design and communication channel(s) you choose should be based on your target market’s behavior, as well as the financial resources you have available.
- Create cascading goals. Once you have your campaign defined at a high level, build-out supporting goals and timelines, and then assign responsibility for executing the steps. When you map out the details and create accountability, it greatly increases the likelihood that you’ll follow through with your action plan.
- Measure results. Once you’ve completed your campaign, measure its effectiveness against the SMART goals you’ve created. For example: How many inbound leads did you generate? By what percentage did you increase your closing ratios? How many customers did you win back? Use what you learn to improve the performance of future campaigns.
Looking for a great local marketing agency?
Give BARQAR a call. Our experts can help you build and execute a marketing campaign that aligns with your business objectives. Builds your brand. Connects in meaningful ways with your audiences. And drives sales.
Kickstart your marketing effectiveness today with the help of BARQAR Marketing.