Smart marketers…closely monitor their online reputation and have a proactive review program in place.
Here’s a fun fact for you:
84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation.
Well, it’s a “fun” fact if you’re confident you have an amazing online reputation.
Do you know what’s being said about your company online?
Or could internet trolls (you know, those hostile, deliberately provocative customers who are extremely vocal online) be lurking in the dark corners of the web, damaging your company’s reputation?
Do you have a proactive plan to build positive reviews?
Or are you just closing your eyes and hoping for the best?
Time to look under your bridge.
Monitoring and actively improving your online reputation is a smart way to build your brand. So instead of worrying about the next online rant from a dissatisfied customer, take charge:
- Establish a presence on multiple review sites. Most customers have a preferred review site. Some love Google+, others like to leave reviews on Facebook, Glassdoor or Yelp. Create a presence on every review site that makes sense for your business, so it’s easy for customers to share their experiences.
- Regularly read your reviews. Visit platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook and Glassdoor to find out what customers are saying about you. Read all the reviews – even the bad ones – to identify potential problems. Focus on identifying patterns or themes to the complaints disgruntled customers post.
- Work on improving the issues you can. If you notice patterns to complaints, start there. While it’s impossible to please every customer every time, implementing one or two small changes could make a big positive impact on future reviews – and your brand.
- Tackle internet trolls. If you encounter an angry customer online, kill them with kindness and vow to fix the problem. Take the conversation offline. Explain that you’d like the right to earn their business again, and provide a freebie to sweeten the deal. In this post, we detail the most effective approach to nipping negative online reviews in the bud.
- Generate more positive reviews. Experts in online reputation management, BARQAR makes it effortless for your business to build more positive reviews, limit negative ones and protect your brand.
Need help banishing internet trolls?
Contact BARQAR today for a free demo of our reputation management services.