Smart Marketing … embraces change.
Back in 1965, Intel co-founder Gordon Moore made a prediction known as Moore’s Law, which states that computer processing speed doubles every 18 months.
In just 2 years, your website is already outdated.
Computers are becoming faster and more powerful every day. Internet speeds are continually increasing. And according to Social Media Today, there are over 3.6 billion internet users who conduct over 2.9 billion Google searches every day.
The digital world is changing faster than ever. Are you keeping up with technology?
Your competition sure is! Smart marketers leverage tech advancements and update their digital footprint frequently to yield huge rewards like:
- Better rankings in the most common searches their target audiences conduct.
- Detailed insights on website visitor behavior (which you can use to make further improvements).
- A faster, more seamless experience for people who visit their website.
- A more “leak proof” sales funnel, which ultimately converts more prospects to customers.
So, when was the last time your website was updated?
If it’s been more than 2 years, here are three renovations to consider:
Install (and use!) Google Analytics.
This powerful tool allows you to see who is visiting your site, where they came from, and how they interact with your site. Using its intuitive dashboard, Google Analytics delivers amazing insights in just a few clicks that will help you:
- Determine if the right types of people are visiting your website.
- Find out what pages visitors spend the most time on, and from what pages they exit your site (so you can refine content and calls-to-action on those pages).
- Identify SEO trends, content trends and other marketing trends that may impact your site’s performance.
Build a responsive website.
With more people than ever accessing the web from phones and tablets, it’s critical for your website to look great on a small screen and load fast. With a responsive website design, on-page elements (like menus, buttons and sidebars) automatically adjust to the user’s screen – making it ideal for user experience (and Google’s preferred website design).
Focus on user engagement – not keyword-stuffing.
“User engagement” (i.e., the ways site visitors interact with your site) is slowly becoming a core part of Google’s algorithm, rendering keyword-stuffing ineffective.
As a smart marketer, your website must offer value to the user and answer their query. It’s that simple. And while keyword optimization is still an important part of ranking well in your target audience’s searches, you must also engage your audience to keep up with Google’s ever-evolving algorithm by:
- Encouraging users to stay on your website.
- Encouraging users to visit more pages on your site.
- Encouraging users to contact you.
If you want your site to perform (i.e., convert) better than competitors, audit each page from an engagement perspective by asking these two simple questions:
- If a visitor lands on this page, can they easily find the information they need?
- Is it clear what action the visitor should take next (e.g., contact you, visit another page on your site, request information, schedule an appointment) – and can they take that action with a single click?
Does your website need an update?
Let BARQAR’s marketing experts conduct a free audit of your company’s website. We’ll review what you’re doing right, suggest what you could improve, and provide practical suggestions for transforming your website into a powerful marketing engine.