Looking for ways to make your company stand out during the holidays?
Holiday-related campaigns and events are a great way to showcase your brand, strengthen your culture, and make the season a little brighter. But to do it successfully, you need the right approach (especially as the pandemic continues). As a rule of thumb, brand-building initiatives shouldn’t be all about selling; they should show appreciation for your customers, make an emotional connection, and engage people in a memorable way.
If you’re searching for inspiration, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Host a holiday-themed game night for your employees.
- Mail out gingerbread kits to your team, and then host a virtual happy hour/house building event.
- Treat key clients to an individual or group online class on something that aligns with your brand. It could be as simple as cookie baking; something active like a yoga class; or something more sophisticated like wine tasting.
- Create a series of short blog posts that showcase stand-out employees and thank them for their hard work and amazing contributions. Share them on your social accounts around Thanksgiving.
- Invite your employees and customers to submit pictures of their home offices decorated for the holidays, and then share those pictures on your social accounts.
- Create a series of holiday-themed graphics that recap your company’s values.
- Send customers or employees personalized “thank you” or holiday emails with a digital gift. Sites like Sugarwish make the process easy – and even gather feedback you can use to build your brand and online reputation!
- Send a series of fun, branded emails with tips for surviving the holidays during a pandemic.
- Read this earlier post for tips on creating a successful email marketing campaign.
Holiday Gifts and Appreciation
- Record and send short, personal videos thanking key clients or customers for their continued business.
- Add a general “We appreciate you!” video to your website’s home page.
- Send handwritten notes on branded stationery to customers. In a world of digital communication, a handwritten note that arrives in the mail really stands out.
- Treat a client, customer or employee to coffee. Do a little research to find out their favorite local coffee spot, and send them a gift card to grab a cup on you.
Volunteering and Charitable Contributions
- Allow employees to take paid time off during the holidays to support a cause of their choice (in a responsible way during the pandemic, of course!). Ask them to take pictures or create a vlog of what they do, so you can highlight their contributions on your website and/or social accounts.
- Find a worthy cause your team can contribute to during the pandemic. For example, you could safely gather and drop off donations to a local food pantry.
- Make charitable contributions in your customers’ names, and then share the good news with your customer and your social networks.
For any campaign to be successful – whether it’s related to the holidays or not – it must be well defined, aligned with your goals and values, and well executed. And whatever route you go, document what you do (think: pictures, videos, notes), and then showcase it tastefully on your website and social accounts.
Looking for a great local marketing agency to ring in 2021?
Give BARQAR a call. Our experts can help you build and execute a campaign that aligns with your business objectives. Builds your brand. Connects in meaningful ways with your audiences. And drives sales.
Shine a little brighter with the help of BARQAR Marketing.