Are you including pay-per-click (PPC) advertising in your marketing plan for 2023?
If not, you should be!
PPC advertising remains one of the most effective ways to build your business. In fact, certain categories are likely to see an increase in ad clicks this year.
Optimizing your PPC campaigns helps increase your ad clicks. Keeping up with the latest trends helps your company stay competitive.
So, what are some trends for PPC in 2023 you should pay attention to?
Searches for organic food spike
Millions of consumers vowing to eat healthier means a substantial increase in organic food searches for 2023:
- Increase your advertising budget during the early months of the year.
- Use Google’s In-market Audiences to target users searching for nutritious food options.
- Continue advertising to maintain your momentum and optimize conversions.
Demand for sports apparel goes up
Consumers will search for sports apparel throughout 2023:
- Implement Google’s Shopping campaigns to highlight your sports and fitness apparel.
- Offer sale items to increase purchases.
Nutrition and fitness searches pop up
A high number of consumers will look to improve their health throughout 2023:
- Always be targeting audiences in this category.
- Use Google’s Audience Ads to drive users down the funnel to search tactics.
- Clicks for nutrition and fitness should peak in May, July and October.
Search engine diversification increases
Advertising through smaller engines such as Bing lets marketers reach more of their target audience:
- Use the Google Import feature to bring existing PPC campaigns to Microsoft Advertising.
- Reach over 40 million desktop searchers who likely would be missed by advertising only on Google.
- Take advantage of Amazon’s diverse ad types and increased buyer intent.
- The fact that Amazon users typically are ready to purchase can significantly increase conversions.
Automation and artificial intelligence improve ad campaigns
More marketers will use automation to make informed decisions. This increases their competitive edge.
Artificial intelligence (AI) will be more widely used to improve PPC campaigns in various ways:
- Optimize keywords
- Analyze and set bids
- Predict the click-through rate (CTR)
TikTok increases marketers’ ROI
TikTok had 1 billion monthly active users who watched over 160 million hours of videos last year. Marketers will continue to take advantage of the platform’s popularity to connect with consumers:
- TikTok’s advertising algorithm considers the quality of the ad rather than the highest bidder.
- Video advertising, especially short-form content, is effective for PPC campaigns.
- You can access basic tools to create videos without a production team.
Ready to schedule a free consultation?
Let BARQAR’s digital marketing experts help you develop the right strategy to increase visibility, drive more traffic, generate more inbound leads and sell more. Contact us today!