Are you looking for “votes” to help your website rank higher in search engines?
Do you know how to get “votes” for your website without asking visitors for them?
One way is through backlinks.
What are backlinks?
Backlinks are links from one website to a page on another site. Search engines consider these links to be “votes” for the page. Pages with a good number of backlinks typically rank high in organic search engine results.
Why are backlinks important?
Backlinks tell search engines that the content on the page is credible, valuable, and useful. This type of information is important for search engine rankings. The more backlinks your page has, the higher it should rank in search engine results pages (SERPs).
So, how can you receive backlinks?
Ask specific websites to link to your page
Find sites that link to at least three of your competitors. These sites should be willing to link to your page because they don’t prefer one competitor more than another.
- Go to a website that shows backlinks reports.
- Type in your URL to determine your domain authority, number of backlinks, which sites are linking to your page, and your link growth.
- Type in three of your competitors and your domain.
- See which sites are linking to your competitors’ pages but not yours.
- Find out which of your competitors’ domains and pages the sites are linking to.
- If you have similar pages, let the site know. Mention the specific topics your page covers that the other pages don’t.
- Send an email asking the site to link to your page.
- Repeat the process until you have at least 10 backlinks.
Promote your content
Promoting your content gets it in front of the right audience. Websites need to be aware of the value your content provides in order to link to your pages. If viewers like what they see, they may link their websites to your page.
The following methods can help:
- Use targeted email marketing campaigns and social media marketing.
- Run automated marketing campaigns to share your content with leads.
- Reach out to websites that may find your content valuable and want to promote your page.
- Ask bloggers who regularly post content in your area of expertise to link to your pages in upcoming posts.
Use internal linking
Link your blog posts to pages throughout your website. Using the right anchor text for internal linking makes it easier to navigate among your pages. This helps improve your user experience (UX). Other sites may link to your pages because of the useful content you provide.
Where can you get help to increase your backlinks?
From BARQAR, of course! Our website experts are ready to help you. Reach out to us today.