As a business owner, you have a website that showcases your brand, provides information about your products/services, and lets visitors get in touch with you. Your website may contain one or more funnels designed to send your visitors along a targeted path to capture leads and increase conversions.
Including funnels with your website can significantly elevate your conversion rates.
So, how do funnels work?
The steps to conversion make up a funnel.
The process begins with the visitors who take the first step in the purchasing process. As these visitors continue on the journey, many drop out.
- Awareness: The visitor becomes aware of the problem that needs to be solved and how your product/service can help.
- Interest: The prospect actively seeks a solution to the problem, expresses interest in your offerings, and begins researching your competitors.
- Decision: The prospect focuses on specific packages and pricing before making a purchase.
- Action: The prospect makes a purchase and becomes a customer.
Your funnel needs to be updated on a regular basis.
Website funnel optimization involves experimenting with your customer interactions, digging into your analytics, and optimizing your funnel’s design. This maximizes your conversions to increase revenue.
So, how can you optimize your website funnel?
Develop your Google Analytics goals
The data you collect from your Google Analytics goals uncovers where visitors abandon your conversion funnel.
- Create a goal name: Make the goal recognizable, such as “whitepaper X download.”
- Define your funnel: Add up to 10 pages to determine where your visitors drop out.
- Give your goal a value: Determine what a completed goal is worth so you can calculate your ROI. For instance, if 20% of visitors who download your whitepaper spend $1,000 on your offerings, the download value might be $200 (20% of $1,000).
- Fix the leaky step: This may involve adding trust elements or moving the price farther down the sales path.
Analyze your landing pages
Test these elements:
- Headlines: See which ones attract and retain the most visitors.
- Copy: Lead with the most promising benefit to the visitor, then continue your list.
- Color: Test various text and background color schemes.
- Font size and style: Determine which font sizes and styles keep visitors on your page longer.
- Purchase path: Eliminating any friction in the path to purchase may include increasing the page loading speed and limiting distractions.
Examine your sign-up forms
Test these elements:
- Headlines: See which drive the most conversions.
- Text box words: Ensure clarity.
- Text box placement: Determine which position on the form increases conversions.
- Text boxes per page: Find out whether having fewer boxes elevates conversions.
- Captcha: Ensure the letters are easily read.
Focus on your trust elements
Ensure you have these elements:
- Money-back guarantee: See whether 30, 60 or 90 days pulls the most conversions.
- Better Business Bureau logo: Increase peace of mind for prospects.
- VeriSign logo: Show that your checkout process is safe and secure.
- Customer reviews: Provide proof your product/service does what you say it does.
Ready to schedule a free consultation?
The experienced team at BARQAR is ready to help you optimize your website funnel and increase your conversion rates. Give us a call today!