As you know, the U.S. is nearing a recession. This means consumers are cutting their spending.
So, what does this reduced consumer spending mean for your digital marketing plan?
Should you cut your marketing budget? Or, would maintaining or increasing your budget be more beneficial?
The reality is that making your digital marketing plan as recession-proof as possible requires a multi-channel approach that accounts for new shopping behaviors. This is why search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising may be beneficial for your SMB.
As a result, it’s in your best interest to keep or ramp up your digital marketing budget.
Why should you maintain your online advertising?
Your digital marketing campaigns keep revenue coming in. Because cash is king during a recession, you need to supplement your business income.
- Internet advertising provides a high amount of data to modify your SEO/paid ad campaigns for increased efficiency and results.
- You can use the data to maximize returns and minimize spending in ineffective areas for smarter revenue.
- SEO and other search marketing strategies can increase your brand’s visibility as your competitors stop their campaigns.
- Your cost-per-click and cost-per-impression can go down as your competitors reduce their advertising.
- Maintaining your SEO efforts helps you move up in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- The higher you rank in SERPs, the more likely consumers are to click to your website.
- The more site visitors you have, the greater your conversions can be.
Why is SEO so effective in search engine marketing?
SEO lets you organically grow your business online without the large budget needed for paid ads.
- Having a well-optimized website can help your site rank high in SERPs long-term.
- Ranking well can bring your company a substantial amount of search traffic revenue for an extended period of time.
- This is why SEO typically provides the best long-term ROI.
You should benefit from SEO long after the recession ends.
- Effective SEO plants seeds for consumers to reap the benefits of your products/services long-term.
- Ranking high in search engines leads to better top-of-the-funnel traffic.
- This traffic helps drive conversions at the bottom of the funnel.
Why is PPC so effective in search engine marketing?
When your competitors cut back on their ad spend, it reduces the “noise” in your brand’s product/service category. This helps your search ads and paid social media marketing more effectively reach your target audience.
- Because search advertising can cost less when fewer companies are using it, your budget can go further.
- Paid search ads can create stability while providing data for potential long-term revenue.
- Search intelligence provides both clarity and real-time insight into market movements, trends and opportunities across verticals.
- Historically, advertisers who maintained or elevated their online ad spend increased sales and market share both during and after the recession.
Need help creating your marketing plan?
BARQAR’s team of digital marketing experts can work with you to develop a strong search engine marketing and paid media marketing strategy to help grow your business. Find out more today!