Are you looking for a way to generate more local traffic to your website? Do you want more people in your community to visit your business in person? If so, you need to focus on local SEO (search engine optimization) for your site.
Pay attention to these local SEO ranking factors to impact how high your business ranks for relevant search terms.
Google Business Profile
Customers are significantly more likely to visit and consider purchasing from a business with a complete Google Business Profile (GBP).
- Set your primary GBP category.
- Complete and verify all relevant sections of your GBP profile.
- Use keywords on your GBP landing page.
- Continuously add new photos and posts to your GBP profile.
First- and third-party reviews, review quantity, review velocity and review diversity are included in review signals.
- Reviews are becoming increasingly important to consumers.
- High numerical Google ratings, keywords in native Google reviews, and quantity of native Google reviews are important for ranking.
- A strong Google rating from reviews is a leading factor in driving conversions in GBP.
- Having a mix of positive and negative reviews typically makes a company appear more trustworthy.
- Developing processes to monitor, grow and display your reviews can benefit your business’ reputation and online ranking.
Pay attention to your NAP data (name, address and phone number), keywords in titles, domain authority and other on-page optimization factors.
- The volume of quality content on your site and topical keyword relevance across your entire site can impact your local rankings.
- Keyword research helps tailor your content toward the words and phrases your target audience is looking for.
- Feature your business’s city, state and related information in multiple places across your website.
- Include location-specific keywords in the metadata for titles and descriptions across your site.
- Create dedicated pages on your site for local content.
- Frequently mention your location within your blog posts.
- Include separate pages with relevant NAP data, opening hours and related information for each location.
- The easier customers can find the information they are looking for, the higher your site can appear on search engine results pages (SERPs).
Inbound anchor text, linking domain authority, and linking domain quantity are important link factors.
- The authority of the links on the landing page named on your GBP listing is important.
- Earning quality backlinks can improve the authority of your site.
- The quality of your inbound links and the internal links across your site also impacts your ranking.
Where can you get help to rank higher in local SEO?
From BARQAR, of course! Our website experts are ready to help you. Contact us to get started today!