Did you know that 46% of Google searches are for local businesses? Or that 12% of customers look for local business information every day? And that 72% of searchers visit a local store or company within 24 hours of the search?
If you run a business, you want to use local SEO so that Google positions your business in front of potential customers in your area.
How are local search results different from other search results?
- Local results appear only for searches with local intent, such as “restaurant near me.”
- The results are specific to a relevant location.
- Local results deliver specific information so users quickly can find the information they need.
- The results target smartphone users because local searches typically occur on mobile devices.
How does Google typically display local search results?
A search engine results page (SERP) for a local search does not contain links to any content. Instead, the results include a list of relevant businesses in the area and a map with their locations. The results also show each business name, description, image, opening hours, star reviews, address, phone number and website address. This helps customers decide which businesses to engage with and helps Google decide how to rank the businesses.
What are some local search ranking factors?
- Google analyzes local websites and focuses on a business’s proximity to a searcher’s location. Because most users want businesses near them, the closest businesses are ranked first.
- Keywords also are a factor in local SEO. This is why your company’s name, address and phone number (NAP) should be on your site for on-page optimization. This helps Google assess your location and rank it according to relevance of a searcher’s intent and location.
- Links, reviews and citations, or references to your business’s address or phone number, increase your authority. This helps your site rank higher in local searches.
- The information included in Google My Business plays a significant role in local search rankings.
Get expert help with local SEO
Let BARQAR add local SEO to your website to help your business improve its rankings. Contact us today!