“What is SEM?”
“What is SEO?”
“Why should I care?”
We’re glad you asked!
Search engine marketing (SEM) is a paid tactic to promote your website, drive traffic to your site through pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, and increase page exposure in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Users quickly can find unique information or helpful resources on the content they are looking for.
- Because the user experience (UX) is enhanced, the amount of quality traffic to your site increases.
- You can use on-page SEO tactics such as optimization of image alt text and title tags.
- Include off-page SEO strategies like backlinking and guest blogging.
- Combining on-page and off-page SEO strategies increases your opportunity for ranked pages.
- You also can increase your rank by creating fresh, unique, data-driven content that informs users.
What are some benefits of SEM?
SEM is a paid strategy with an immediate impact.
- You create a paid ad that grabs the attention of your target audience by using an informative message and compelling call to action (CTA). This drives conversions for as long as the ad runs.
- SEM can generate immediate traffic, clicks and leads to your website.
What are some benefits of SEO?
SEO is an organic strategy that shows results over time.
- Organic search typically has a higher click-through rate (CTR) than a paid ad.
- Organic search generally drives more web traffic than paid search.
You benefit the most from combining SEM and SEO.
- SEO usually takes longer to gain traction but has more staying power than SEM.
- Creating optimized content without spending ad dollars helps your site rank high in SERPs long-term.
- The higher your page ranks, the more quality traffic and leads come to your site.
- Use keyword research to optimize your SEM and SEO for better-performing content.
- Users can decide whether to click on your ad if it’s relevant to them or your organic result.
Get expert help combining SEM and SEO
Let BARQAR implement the SEM and SEO that help your business improve its SEO rankings. Contact us today!