Since you clicked on this blog post, you’re probably looking to update your website. But, how do you know if now is the time to pull the trigger?
If your site isn’t easy to maintain and update, or it’s not bringing in more business than you are, then it’s time for a redesign.
Ask yourself the following questions:
Does my site have a low conversion rate?
- Your site should be designed to help your target audience quickly and easily find answers to their questions. Otherwise, not many prospects who visit your site will turn into customers.
- Be sure you have strategically placed calls to action and opt-ins above and below the fold.
- Strategically optimize for long-tail keywords to attract customers who are ready to buy.
Is my bounce rate high?
- Your bounce rate should be below 40%. Otherwise, your prospects are coming to your page, not finding what they need, and quickly leaving.
- Since mobile traffic makes up the majority of web visits, make sure your site provides the same user experience no matter which device prospects use to access it.
- Having a mobile-friendly site can increase your rank on search engine results pages (SERPs), making it likely that more prospects will visit your site.
- When your site is mobile-friendly, it raises the odds of prospects interacting with your brand, converting to customers, and leaving online recommendations.
Does my page load slowly?
- If your site takes more than 3 seconds to load, many prospects will leave. They won’t wait around for graphics and images that aren’t optimized for fast loading.
- Long load times impact your site’s search engine optimization (SEO). The lower you rank in SERPs, the less traffic you receive.
Have my company goals changed?
- Your website needs to evolve with your brand, products/services, messaging, and best practices in order to support the rest of your business. Otherwise, prospects may get confused and not purchase from you.
- Your site objectives need to be current. Perhaps you started with an informational website to answer visitor questions, but now need e-commerce abilities or appointment scheduling.
Do I need a third party to update my site?
- You should be able to manage your website content on your own. If you have to rely on a web developer or other outside party, you’re wasting time and money.
Does my site look and feel outdated?
- If your site hasn’t been updated for 3 years, it probably isn’t in line with current trends.
- You want beautifully designed content that impacts what visitors think about your business.
- Almost half of your site visitors won’t feel your business is credible if your design is outdated. It needs to be engaging and visually pleasing to make a positive impression.
Does your website need a redesign?
Let BARQAR’s team of creative strategists and designers construct a compelling, engaging experience that helps tell YOUR story. Contact us today for a free estimate.