If you read our blog, then you probably know the importance of using search engine optimization (SEO) to rank your website on Google. SEO is one of more than 200 factors used to determine where your site shows up on a search engine results page (SERP). Of course, the higher your website ranks, the more likely it will be visited. And, every visitor provides an opportunity for conversion.
So, what else can you do to increase your website’s rank? One option is to optimize its domain authority.
What is domain authority?
- Domain authority serves as your website’s reputation as a thought leader. Google uses it to make sure your site can provide high-quality content about your subject matter. If so, your site has good domain authority and will rank higher than other sites.
- Typically, websites with a large number of high-quality inbound links have the greatest domain authority. However, domain authority can decrease when a high-authority site receives an influx of backlinks.
- Since a domain authority score cannot be more than 100, when one site’s score increases, others’ scores decrease. So, your site’s domain authority is relative to the domain authority of the highest authority site.
- Domain authority should be used as a comparative metric. You want it to have a greater authority score than your competitors’ scores.
How can you increase your site’s domain authority?
- Audit your link profile. The list of your website’s backlinks should come from a variety of sites and high-authority sources. Google considers this a sign of an authoritative site.
- Craft compelling content. Google uses engagement metrics to rank your content. So, you need to share content that attracts and engages a loyal audience. This should result in organic backlinks from other websites in your industry.
- Earn high-quality links. Inbound links from sites and pages with high authority scores increase your domain authority. You can use the skyscraper method to earn these backlinks. This SEO practice involves finding competitors’ content that ranks well for the keywords you want to rank for. Then, craft content that’s more engaging than the top-ranking posts. Next, use SEO tools to uncover the sites linked to the content. Finally, ask the most relevant sites to replace your competitor’s link with a link to your fresh content.
Where can you get help to increase your website’s domain authority?
From BARQAR, of course! Our website experts are ready to help you. Contact us today.