When it comes to online marketing, you definitely want Google as a partner. When customers can quickly and conveniently access the information they need about your company, they’re more likely to do business with you.
This is why Google My Business is one of your biggest assets. The free tool lets you manage your online presence across Google Search, Mobile Search, Local Search and Google Maps. You can create, verify and edit your business listing in Google without involving your website or search engine optimization (SEO) strategy.
So, why is Google My Business important?
Google My Business shows your company’s address, opening hours and contact information without having to click through to your website. This means that current and potential customers can easily find and contact you.
Google wants searchers to quickly and easily find what they’re looking for every time. This increases the likelihood of continuing to use Google rather than another search engine. So, if someone just needs a phone number, address, or business hours, they can find them in a Google My Business listing.
“But I want people to click through to my website!” you might say.
Keep in mind that people want to find the information they need right away. So, quickly displaying the information they want leaves them entirely satisfied. They may be using the information to call you or stop by your business right now. If the person needed additional information, they’d have clicked through to your website.
What are some benefits of having a Google My Business listing?
- If someone is searching for a generic phrase, such as “best Thai restaurant,” they’ll receive a three-pack result with the standard organic search results. The three-pack includes a map with three local businesses pinned to the page. Since the information comes from Google My Business, your company could show up. And, you might gain customers this way.
- Google My Business uses local SEO to list local search results for specific products or services. So, your company may rank higher when locals search for your offerings. This can lead to increased customers and sales.
- You can add product lists, accepted payment types, menus and prices, or other information to Google My Business. And, you can include coupons and special offers to attract new customers.
- You can increase visibility for your company through User Reviews. Google rewards users when they rate and review local businesses. And, positive reviews increase the likelihood of potential customers visiting your location.
- Be sure to use the analytics data to learn more about your customers. For instance, you can find out where requests for driving directions to your company originated from. Then, you can target new customers in the area. Or, you might eventually expand your business there.
Want more great ideas for impactful marketing?
Give BARQAR’s marketing experts a call! Whether you’re trying to enhance your brand image, boost sales leads or just amaze customers and prospects, our team is up to the challenge.