Email marketing is a true digital marketing workhorse:
- Usage continues to grow. The number of email users worldwide stands at 4.03 billion, and by 2024, this figure is projected to grow to 4.48 billion. (Statista)
- People prefer email. 61% of consumers prefer to be contacted by brands through email. (Statista)
- Marketers prefer email, too. Nearly 6 in 10 (59%) of B2B marketers say email is their most effective channel in terms of revenue generation (MountainTop Data)
You know email marketing works. And the more work you put into improving your strategy, the better your results will be. How can you move the needle? Today, we’re sharing three tips to make your email marketing even stronger:
- Maintain your list. Admittedly it’s a bit early for spring cleaning, but your email marketing list doesn’t know that! Creating an email list isn’t a one-and-done event; it’s a process. People change jobs, open new email accounts and make typos – all of which degrade the quality of your list over time. Commit to regularly scrubbing, verifying and growing your list, to keep your deliverability rates high.
- Segment your list. One of the best ways to improve your open rates and CTRs (click-through rates) is by segmenting: breaking your email marketing list into distinct groups of customers and then sending targeted, more relevant messages to each group. Need a primer on market segmentation? Check out this post, in which we explain the basics of how and why to segment your audience.
- Add a single, clear CTA to each email. Your customers and prospects are busy. If you don’t make it immediately clear to them what action they should take next (e.g., claim a discount, call you, complete a form), they’ll likely delete your email – and get on with their day. As a smart marketer, you need to include a bold, compelling call to action (CTA) to get your email recipients to take action. In this post, we share tips for designing strong CTAs that generate a response.
Looking for more email marketing tips?
In this earlier post, we explain how you can use great copy, attractive design and A/B testing to improve your open rates, click-throughs and conversions.
Need assistance building and executing a smart email marketing strategy?
Let BARQAR design a plan to help you stay in front of clients and prospects, build your brand and generate more response. give BARQAR’s digital marketing experts a call today.