Okay, we know what you’re thinking:
Do people even check Facebook reviews?
Yep. Recent data published by BrightLocal shows that:
- 82% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses.
- Facebook is ranked as the #2 favorite review site by local marketers.
And those reviews have a big impact on people’s decision-making processes:
- Consumers read an average of 10 online reviews before feeling able to trust a local business.
- The purchase likelihood for a product with 5 reviews is 270% greater than a product with 0 reviews.
What’s more, data from Market Force published in this Forbes.com post shows that Facebook accounts for 50% of all social referrals – and 64% of social revenue.
People read and trust Facebook reviews. Those reviews shape their perceptions of your company (and its products/services) and influence their purchasing decisions. Given how important these online reviews and recommendations are to your business…
How do you get more Facebook reviews?
Ask! More than 3 out of 4 consumers asked to leave a review will write one, so don’t be shy. In this post, we share simple tips to proactively solicit great online reviews.
What should you do if you get a bad review?
In this earlier post, we explain the right way to handle a negative review. Hint: Deleting it isn’t usually the best option! Here’s why:
- A single poor review actually lends authenticity to your online reputation. IF it’s balanced by dozens or hundreds of positive ones, that is.
- A negative online review provides a platform to showcase your service recovery in action.
- A bad review provides useful information – and the opportunity to keep a customer’s business.
Looking for better ways to protect your online reputation and generate more positive Facebook reviews?
- Check out these earlier posts on managing negative reviews:
How to Handle Internet Trolls
Can I Delete a Bad Facebook Review?
- Implement a formal reputation management program. Catch negative reviews before they’re posted online, and create a systematic process for proactively soliciting great reviews.
Speaking of online reputation management, that’s what we do!
BARQAR’s digital marketing experts have created a comprehensive (and very affordable) program that:
- Encourages positive social reviews – on the sites most critical for your business.
- Gathers negative feedback privately – before bad reviews go viral online.
- Monitors online reviews – so you always know what your customers are saying about you.
Want a free, no-obligation demo of our reputation management services?
Connect with BARQAR today.