Remember when you were a kid in school, and you did the experiment with iron filings on a piece of paper, and a magnet underneath?
The iron filings would magically move around, following the same path as the magnet.
In marketing, influencers are a lot like that magnet. And the iron filings? You guessed it – they’re your ideal audience. In today’s post, we explain what influencer marketing is – and why you should use it to build your brand.
More on influencer marketing:
What is influencer marketing?
Influencer marketing leverages content creators (i.e., individuals or organizations who have a unique relationship with your target audience, typically on social media) to promote your brand, products and/or services. Instead of you marketing directly to individuals, the influencer does it for you.
Like a magnet, influencers have the power to persuade, lead and impact consumers’ decisions. Used properly, this method of marketing can help you:
- Reach new prospective customers
- Increase awareness of your brand
- Build targeted web traffic
- Sell more (businesses who have mastered influencer marketing make $5.20 for every $1 they spend on this strategy!)
Why is influencer marketing so effective?
- Traditional ads are declining in effectiveness, whereas influencer collaborations with brands are becoming increasingly popular.
- People buy from people, and younger generations in particular trust influencers who have large social followings.
- Influencers can instantly put your brand in front of massive audiences – increasing your reach by orders of magnitude.
Interested in giving it a try? Here are a few tips for incorporating influencer marketing in your strategy and reaping its benefits:
- Start with clear goals. Are you looking to increase awareness? Generate more targeted traffic to your site? Drive more sales? Know what you want to achieve so that you can build the right campaigns – and measure your success.
- Choose the right platform(s) for your brand. Where does your ideal audience spend its time online: Instagram? Snapchat? Facebook? LinkedIn? YouTube? Ideally, you want to collaborate with influencers who have a large following on the social media sites your audience uses most.
- Identify potential influencers. The goal of influencer marketing is to target your ideal customers through someone else’s following. Tools like BuzzSumo and Heepsy allow you to discover and connect with influencers who are right for building your brand.
- Engage with influencers. Start by liking, commenting on and sharing influencers’ posts (use common sense, though – don’t stalk!). In time, they will notice your business, hopefully, begin engaging with you, and their followers will be exposed to your brand in the process.
Influencers can make a big impact your target audience – and your bottom line.
But is influencer marketing right for your business? Ask BARQAR’s digital media experts! We’ll learn about your business, discuss your goals, and recommend a cost-effective plan to help you build your brand – and sell more.