When a visitor lands on your home page…
…*elevator music plays*…
…do they have time for a coffee break while it loads?
The example may be ridiculous, but it makes a very serious point:
Nobody wants to wait for your website pages to load!
Website visitors are impatient. Really, really impatient. Case in point?
- 25% of all users will leave your website if it doesn’t load within 4 seconds.
- Mobile visitors are even less patient. According to Google, 53% of mobile site visitors leave a page that takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
If your pages don’t load in less than 3 or 4 seconds, potential visitors will bounce – and find what they need on a competitor’s site.
Load time affects your bottom line!
Why is page speed so important these days? Here are a few reasons:
- Page load time impacts user experience. Visitors expect your site to load quickly and render properly (on both desktop and mobile devices). Waiting for more than a few seconds frustrates users and decreases their satisfaction.
- Page load time affects the perception of your brand. If your site takes forever to load, it gives the impression that your company is behind the times – or too cheap to invest in a modern website. That’s not you, right?
- Page load time impacts traffic. As the stats above illustrate, a slow site drives visitors away. If you leave them hanging, they’ll just bounce, baby!
- Page load time affects conversion rates. Fewer visitors means fewer “at bats” for converting visitors to qualified leads or customers.
In the digital realm, speed = revenue.
It’s pretty simple: A fast site -> happy visitors -> longer dwell time -> increased opportunities for conversion -> more sales. If you want tips to speed up your site’s load time, check out these earlier posts:
Technical SEO: Why Is It Important? Find out why and how to optimize your site’s content and code so that it loads quicker and ranks better in searches.
Steps to Increasing Page Speed [link to post]. Learn 5 essential steps to speed up your page load time.
In 2020, fast loading time isn’t just “important”; it’s essential to your company’s success!
What other trends will be impacting your marketing this year?
- Read: Digital Marketing Trends We’re Ready for in 2020 to discover the trends that are dominating digital marketing this year.
- Check our blog regularly: Every few weeks, we review hot digital marketing trends and share ways your business can capitalize on them to serve your audience better, amplify your message, and sell more.
Have a slow website?
Let’s speed it up! Trust BARQAR’s marketing experts to build a dynamic, high-performing, responsive website that attracts, engages, and converts more visitors. And if you’re still just in tire-kicking mode, ask our marketing experts to conduct a free website audit. We’ll:
- review your site’s speed, security, performance and more
- explain what you’re doing right
- provide practical suggestions for improving traffic, decreasing load speed and driving more qualified leads