Chicken or steak?
Wouldn’t it be great if choosing a marketing agency was as simple as choosing your entrée at a wedding reception?
Most marketing firms do a great job selling themselves (they’re in the business, after all!). How can you move beyond the façade of a slick website and determine if their people, services and approach are right for your organization?
Here are a few factors to consider when weighing your options:
- Range of services.
Marketing firms come in all shapes and sizes. The scope of services they offer is just as diverse – ranging from advertising and PR to outbound marketing, content marketing and digital marketing. Focus your search by looking for partners with expertise in the areas where you need the most help.
- Area(s) of specialization.
What industries do they specialize in? Are their clients primarily business to business or business to consumer? Are they well-versed in the challenges and trends impacting your organization and its customers? Select a firm with experience in your type of business and industry.
- Up-to-date practices.
Marketing is a rapidly evolving discipline; the best agencies stay current on new trends and technologies – and practice what they preach! When selecting a marketing partner, look for indicators that they have the tools and processes to support your success, including:
- A responsive mobile website (i.e., one that loads quickly, displays properly and works well on a mobile device)
- A robust, cohesive social media presence (i.e., a consistent brand and message across platforms)
- Great content (i.e., educational, gently persuasive and entertaining information that’s relevant to your business
- Ways for measuring success (i.e., analytical tools to gauge the effectiveness of your marketing efforts)
- Exceptional communication and service.
If you’re paying for professional marketing support, you should expect a great service experience. The best agencies employ communication experts who are professional, responsive and friendly. When evaluating marketing firms, learn about their communication practices, problem-solving methods and service processes, to ensure you’ll have a great experience and get the results you need.
- As you evaluate potential partners, learn more about their people.
Choose an agency with a team of passionate, diverse, creative professionals (both visual and verbal) who are full of innovative ideas to tell your story and engage your audiences.
- A track record of success.
Great marketing agencies will provide you with case studies, examples of their work, and professional references to demonstrate their ability to get the job done.
Evaluating marketing agencies?
Give BARQAR (bark-er) a call. We’ll assess your needs, explain our expertise and services, and make it easy for you to choose the best marketing partner for your business.