When you’re just sitting on the couch, binge-watching your favorite shows, you might feel guilty and think you should be getting something accomplished. But if you pay attention, you just might learn something you can use in the office!
Take these important lessons from the hit fantasy series based on the books of George R.R. Martin.
- Start with a compelling story. Game of Thrones features staggering sets, intricately detailed costumes and state-of-the-art CGI, but it without a strong narrative at its center, it would all fall flat. Does your marketing strategy begin with a core story you can build upon?
- Branding is essential. Everyone in Westeros (the fictional setting of GOT) knows who’s a Lannister, who’s a Stark and who’s a Dothraki. Does your marketing make your brand as easily identifiable?
- Speak to their interests. To win someone over, you must focus on their wants, not your own. Tyrion Lannister is a master of this strategy. Marketing should show your target audience how working with you will solve their problems.
- Keep surprising people. This lesson comes from the author himself. No one is safe from the axe, spear or sword. There are no sacred cows. Keep people on their toes with fresh, innovative marketing.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks. Who would have thought the quiet Daenerys Targaryen would one day become Queen of Dragons? But look where she is now. If you want your organization to stand out, stay top-of-mind and sell more, you need to be willing to step out of your comfort zone.
Winning the war for market or mind share could take an army…so it’s a good thing you’ve got access to forty local marketing professionals ready to take up your cause.
So if you want to rule the Seven Kingdoms, or just grow your business profitably, contact the experts at BARQAR Marketing today.