How To Verify Your Facebook Page
Verifying your staffing firm’s Facebook page is as as easy as following the 6 steps below.
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- From General, click Page Verification
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue
Why You Should Verify Your Facebook Page
It’s More Than Just a Tiny Checkmark Next to Your Name
Is a little grey checkmark next to your name really worth it? Short answer…Yes.
When hovering over that tiny checkmark a Facebook user is presented with a popup stating, “Verified Page. Facebook confirmed this is an authentic page for a business or organization”.
This checkmark is Facebook’s stamp of approval, declaring you are who you say you are.
I’ve seen it a dozen times. Someone within your company created a Facebook page 5 years ago because it was the cool thing to do, only to be fired and never seen again. Now, when someone searches for your business, 2 pages show up. The old page, and the new page. Verifying your new page tells Facebook, and more importantly potential customers, that one page is the official page chosen to represent your business & your brand.
It Helps with SEO
Once completing the verification process, you will receive the following popup saying “Your page will have a verified badge and show up higher in search results to help attract more visitors”.
With Facebook’s algorithm consistently changing, it is critical to do everything necessary to give yourself an advantage. Facebook is a lot of trial and error. Trying new procedures, measuring effectiveness and then making educated decisions. If Facebook is going to say that page verification increases your likelihood of being displayed in search results, then that’s good enough for me.
A Complete Page Improves Credibility
When a potential customer comes into your business it is assumed that you would put your best foot forward, making sure everything is clean and that their first impression is positive one.
The same goes for Facebook.
When a potential customer first comes across your Facebook page you want to ensure that you are putting your best foot forward. While this means posting content on a consistent basis, it also means that you page is built properly and professionally.
The following questions are all viable places of judgement and reasonable thoughts for a customer to have when they first find your page.
- How many likes do they have?
- Is their profile picture sized appropriately?
- Is the cover photo blurry?
- Is this company address correct?
- Are the company phone number and open hours listed?
- Is the page verified? Is this the right page for this particular company?
- Do any of my friends like this page?
- What are page reviews saying about this company?
Build a professional Facebook page that promotes your company, not hinders it.
Don’t Have the Time for Facebook?
We get it, you have enough on your plate. Between operating your business, managing employees, handling orders etc…how can you make the time to not only verify your Facebook page, but also manage it to its full potential?
We can help.