The tops of people’s heads.
It’s the first thing you see when you walk into a store – because customers are all on their phones.
And they’re not just sending texts or checking email. They’re checking out your business – as well as your competitors’ – and that presents BIG opportunities for you (if you play your cards right).
So stack the deck in your favor! Today, BARQAR helps you better understand how consumers’ digital behavior impacts brick-and-mortar sales. Below, we review 3 key myths dispelled by new research from Google, Ipsos MediaCT and Sterling Brands:
Myth: Search results only send your customers to e-commerce sites.
The reality? Three in four who find local information in search results helpful are more likely to visit stores. Despite common misconceptions, online information is a powerful tool to drive consumers to physical stores. The key is to provide the facts they need, like which retail locations have the products and/or services they’re searching for.
Myth: Once an on-site customer starts looking at his cell phone, you’ve lost his attention.
The reality? He’s probably looking for information to help him make an informed purchase decision. In fact, 42% of shoppers search online for information while in-store. Savvy retailers are taking advantage of this fact, by using mobile apps and robust, responsive websites to ensure each consumer’s search is helpful – and not frustrating.
Myth: Retail is dead; consumers only go to stores to conduct transactions.
The reality? Customers’ expectations of your store are higher than before. They want a customized in-store experience, as well as easy access to the information they need:
- Nearly one-third (32%) of shoppers visit stores when they’re first considering a purchase.
- Eighty-five percent of shoppers say they’d be more likely to shop in stores that offer personalized coupons and exclusive in-store offers.
- Sixty-four percent of consumers are more likely to shop in stores that provide specific recommendations.
Digital devices have undeniably changed the way customers shop on-site. But while in-store visits are down overall, there are several things you can do to leverage in-store mobile usage trends, instead of falling victim to them:
- Invest in technology that ensures mobile devices enhance consumers’ shopping experience. Maybe even consider installing a Facebook beacon at your location to improve social interaction.
- Provide detailed information, both online and in your physical store, to minimize shopper frustration. When you provide the info your customers want, they’re more likely to have a positive experience while shopping with you.
- Build and maintain a great online reputation. What customers find out about you online directly impacts the number of in-store visits you receive. And it’s why BARQAR is a smart choice for your local store – helping you to garner more positive reviews, protect your reputation and sell more. Interested? Contact BARQAR today for a free demo of our online reputation management services.